NQ Employment is a not-for-profit organisation servicing the North Queensland region. Our job seekers include people with a disability, injury, disadvantage and Indigenous Australians. NQ Employment services the entire Employment Service Area via consortium, which also includes the Ingham area.
NQ Employment is committed to its job seekers, employer relationships and service provision, as is evidenced by our recent expansion to include Disability Management Services. The newest initiative for NQ Employment is the establishment of a social enterprise recycling venture, North Queensland Green Solutions, which aims to provide employment opportunities for the Townsville and Ayr Communities.
NQ Employment continually strives for self-improvement, which is demonstrated by our commitment to:
- Quality Management and Disability Service Standards
- Regular reviews and updates of our Management Systems and Service Delivery
- Service Improvement Requests and suggestions procedures
- Job seeker Programs and Training
Job seekers are not the only recipients of training at NQ Employment. Our staff, board members and volunteers also have training opportunities for their own self development in employment services, and therefore have the most up-to-date toolbox when it comes to job-matching and job seeker support. Staff training opportunities (internal and external) include:
- TAFE Diploma of Employment Services
- TAFE Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Motivational Interview Techniques
- Anxiety and Stress Management Workshops
- Conflict and Values Workshops
- Deaf Awareness and Auslan Workshops
- Cultural Awareness Training
Job Seeker Contact and Events
Keeping in touch with our job seekers (and having fun!) is also important to us. Social media is now an avenue job seekers can access notices and feedback. Our social event calendar includes networking opportunities, including pizza nights, cricket days, planned morning teas or BBQ lunches, fun day/fetes, as well as our annual highlight – the NQ Employment Christmas Party. Check our Facebook page for our latest events.
A range of incentives are available to potential employers. These include:
- Wage subsidies – a financial incentive supplied by NQ Employment to employers, some of which can cover the cost of incidental items necessary for the job seeker transitioning to the job placement. Some conditions do apply.
- Workplace Modifications – financial help is available to cover costs of workplace modifications to assist a worker with a disability in employment. NQ Employment can arrange for these to be implemented at your workplace.
- Supported Wage System – in the case where an individual’s disability may affect the productivity of a worker, the Supported Wage System will allow an employer to pay below the minimum wage by a percentage that matches the individual’s productivity. NQ Employment can arrange for an assessment at no cost to the employer.
Partnerships and Recruitment
NQ Employment is involved in a number of partnerships in Townsville and Ayr. The partnerships are between NQ Employment and employers for the provision of human resources. Our partnerships include the following industries:
- Asset Management
- Land Care and Horticulture
- Car detailing
NQ Employment can help you with your recruitment needs. Contact us for more information on partnerships.