Services For Job Seekers
What is NQ Employment?
NQ Employment is an employment service that assists and supports people with a disability, injury or health condition to find and maintain employment. NQ Employment is a Disability Employment Service (DES) provider, funded by the Department of Employment, Education and Workplace Relations (DEEWR).
How can NQ Employment assist you?
NQ Employment provides will assist you to find and keep a job by:
- Identification and promotion of your skills, talents and experiences
- Providing vocational guidance and career planning
- Job Club program
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Access to vocational and non vocational training
- Identification of barriers and strategies to assist
- Job-matching with suitable vacancies
- Job search and reverse marketing
- Preparation of resume, job applications and interview skills
- Ongoing support as required in the workplace
- Work experience activities, employment preparation and placement
- Access to Social Enterprise
- Provision and/or procurement of workplace modifications and assessments
- Access and arranging employer incentives
More information on Disability Employment Services can be found via Government website www.deewr.gov.au. Training programs, job vacancies, opportunities and events can be viewed via our Facebook page and Townsville Jobs Central page.
How can I access NQ Employment services?
To be eligible for DES services via NQ Employment, you need to:
- Be linked to and receive benefits from Centrelink
- Identify with having a disability, injury, health condition, barrier to employment, or be an Indigenous Australian
- Have a current Job Capacity Assessment (JCA/ESAt) or have NQ Employment arrange a JCA/ESAt for you, or
- NQ Employment can directly register you in the absence of Centrelink benefits